What is a UX audit?
A usability audit verifies the correctness and performance of an e-commerce website. We try to understand the user thoroughly, looking for any data about them.
Then we take the user's role, mapping his or her individual steps in the shop, using all available analytical data, e.g. recordings of user sessions and click maps and scroll maps generated on their basis, as well as data from Google Analytics.
We identify good and bad practices to show what to do next and what to improve - and how to do it.
Likewise, we verify an online shop according to worldwide accepted usability standards. Thanks to the knowledge gained from the audit, you will keep your customers coming back to your website, and making purchases from your store will be easy and enjoyable.
A hybrid approach for e-commerce
We conduct a UX audit combining the cognitive path method and heuristic analysis.
The hybrid approach allows us to obtain a full overview of an e-commerce website, both from the perspective of an expert playing the role of a user, and commonly accepted design practices (heuristics).
The cognitive path method consists in impersonating a customer (a persona who uses an online shop). This technique allows us to map, step by step, the activities performed by the personas, observing where they face difficulties and where they find it easier. As part of the research, we create personas based on desk research, analysis of data from available sources (e.g. Google Analytics, Hotjar), or the client's sales systems.
The heuristic analysis method allows to check the compliance of e-commerce website implementation with paradigms (a list of commonly accepted rules). To conduct a UX audit, we use heuristics by Baymard Institute and Nielsen, which are based on extensive research on all aspects of user experience.
What do we examine during a UX audit?
During a UX audit, we evaluate an online shop comprehensively, taking into account every element of the purchase path. We verify, among other things, the accuracy of the information architecture, and check if the user can easily find the necessary information and if the ordering process is comprehensive and simplified.
Shop elements that we analyze during the UX study:
- Homepage & Categories,
- Product search and filtering,
- Product page,
- Shopping cart and checkout,
- Shop in the mobile version and others.
Benefits of a UX audit
- you will improve your online shop and its users will be more likely to return to you and make purchases,
- you will check what actions are worth developing - we will show you good practices applied on your website,
- you will learn which actions to abandon - we will identify bad practices and their impact on the user and the entire shopping process,
- you will receive specific recommendations for solutions to noticed problems, which will help you increase the intuitiveness of your shop and improve sales results,
- you will gain a basis for further development of your services and e-commerce website.
Our Commerce Design team consists of designers who specialize exclusively in the field of e-commerce, this is a guarantee of deep and focused knowledge. Our solutions are not based on guesswork, they are mainly driven by research, user knowledge, quantitative and qualitative data.
When recommending new solutions, we base on the conclusions of more than 54 000 hours of moderated usability research, described by the Baymard Institute in more than 750 comprehensive guidelines, with which our designers are familiar. The team is based on professionals who are certified as Baymard E-Commerce UX Professionals.
- We talk to you about the audit objectives, your needs, and your customers.
- You give us access to analytical tools e.g. Google Analytics.
- We create personas and empathy maps, along with goals and problems for each of them.
- We carry out a shop audit.
- You receive a report in the form of a file with a specific indication of the strengths and weaknesses of the shop and a list of recommendations for changes in the area of problematic service elements.